Club meeting last night… here are the highlights:
- BAA 10k Volunteer Event – the BAA Half Marathon Sunday 10/9/16. We will be working alongside the Heartbreak Hill Striders at water stop #7. We need ten people… registration is on the BAA site. Directions are below… team name is RIRR and password is 401. The first ten members in good standing will have the spots. Please don’t sign up unless you guarantee you can make it. Finding last minute replacements is an avoidable PITA.
- Pacing opportunities… Surftown half – contact Sam Burling at email@example.com Need a 1:40, 1:50 and 2:45. Jamestown Half Marathon on Saturday, September 24 th , and the Buzzard’s Bay Half Marathon on Sunday September 25th. We will be staffing 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, and 2:45 for each of these races. We have the option to have up to two pacers for each time slot. If we have enough volunteers, so we will try and pair up newer pacers with experienced ones. Contact Nels Johnson via Facebook Message or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday August 20th.
- Newport Wine Run – Sunday 9/11 3-6 pm – looking for group of 15 volunteers who will receive the wine and dinner along with a free entry to a future race.
- Club Picnic Sunday 8/21 Portsmouth following Common Fence Point 5 Miler… RSVP for burgers/dogs… BYOB and chair
BAA Volunteer instructions:
CLICK HERE and select “Volunteer Now”
o Returning Volunteers: Enter your volunteer loyalty number along with your zip code (the zip code that’s on file with the B.A.A.)
o New volunteers: choose “First Time Volunteer”
· Complete personal information; choose GENERAL
· Choose “Join an existing volunteer group”
· Find “RIRR” in the drop down list; Type the code: “401”
· Complete the remainder of the application and make note of the on-screen confirmation number once you’ve completed the process. Seeing the on-screen confirmation is indication that you have successfully completed the online application.
Group members receive separate correspondence from the B.A.A. and are individually responsible for making sure they are aware of B.A.A. policies and procedures.