Club meeting last night… here are the highlights:
- BAA 10k Volunteer Event – the BAA Half Marathon Sunday 10/9/16. We will be working alongside the Heartbreak Hill Striders at water stop #7. We need ten people… registration is on the BAA site. Directions are below… team name is RIRR and password is 401. The first ten members in good standing will have the spots. Please don’t sign up unless you guarantee you can make it. Finding last minute replacements is an avoidable PITA.
- Pacing opportunities… Surftown half – contact Sam Burling at firstname.lastname@example.org Need a 1:40, 1:50 and 2:45. Jamestown Half Marathon on Saturday, September 24 th , and the Buzzard’s Bay Half Marathon on Sunday September 25th. We will be staffing 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, and 2:45 for each of these races. We have the option to have up to two pacers for each time slot. If we have enough volunteers, so we will try and pair up newer pacers with experienced ones. Contact Nels Johnson via Facebook Message or by e-mail at email@example.com by Saturday August 20th.
- Newport Wine Run – Sunday 9/11 3-6 pm – looking for group of 15 volunteers who will receive the wine and dinner along with a free entry to a future race.
- Club Picnic Sunday 8/21 Portsmouth following Common Fence Point 5 Miler… RSVP for burgers/dogs… BYOB and chair
BAA Volunteer instructions:
CLICK HERE and select “Volunteer Now”
o Returning Volunteers: Enter your volunteer loyalty number along with your zip code (the zip code that’s on file with the B.A.A.)
o New volunteers: choose “First Time Volunteer”
· Complete personal information; choose GENERAL
· Choose “Join an existing volunteer group”
· Find “RIRR” in the drop down list; Type the code: “401”
· Complete the remainder of the application and make note of the on-screen confirmation number once you’ve completed the process. Seeing the on-screen confirmation is indication that you have successfully completed the online application.
Group members receive separate correspondence from the B.A.A. and are individually responsible for making sure they are aware of B.A.A. policies and procedures.
Special thanks to the hard working travelling band of gear check zealots from RIRR! Really appreciate the time and effort you put forth to be an ambassador for our club and help pay back an organization that has been remarkably generous with our club as long as I have been around RIRR.
Dan Azevedo, Christy Brennan, Jill Litman, Mike & Cee Vallee, Solange Morrisette, Hall of Famer Jim O’Reilly, Scott Caldwell, Lynne Richesin-Plouffe, and Nancy Gendreau.
Thank you for sending this kind note! It was great to see the RIRR team arrive with such enthusiasm yesterday morning! We are so pleased to hear that your experience was positive and are happy to keep you in mind for future events.
Enjoy this beautiful week,
Mary Miller | Volunteer Program Coordinator
Boston Athletic Association
Free race on Thursdays during the month of June. Sign in for free at the Market Street Pub, 99 Market Street, Warren, RI.
Registration starts at 5:30 pm
Race Start at 6:30 pm
Thursday, June 2
Thursday, June 9
Thursday, June 16
Thursday, June 23
Thursday, June 30
Walkers welcome for 3 mile loop
Contact John Santillo – firstname.lastname@example.org OR MaryAnne Donato – email@example.com